Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 01:04:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Player start points  (Read 7479 times)
Drakaen
Global Moderator
Hobgoblin

DM Administrator

« on: April 25, 2005, 09:19:40 AM »

I thought it would be a good idea to have seprate spawn points. it vering on the following factors in this order...

Alignment
race

From Hell I Rise To Earth I Rule
Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 10:00:26 AM »

that would be nice and we are looking into that ... It won't be for a while though ...

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 01:52:05 PM »

I played around with that over the weekend.  Doesn't really make sense at the moment when I don't have enough of the towns in yet but I'll put it in soon.  It will most likely only apply after reboots or when you create a new character.

Drakaen
Global Moderator
Hobgoblin

DM Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 03:40:16 PM »

well there is a way to where the transition on the doors trans in the ooc area will run the check and send you to the place but then we would need an ooc stone.. if you send me the tag, resref of ooc area i can whip an item up i think... as well as the on activate (self) script using a neat scripting program i have. though i have no idea how to send them back to where they ported from... but i can look into that easy they just will start in the area.. just not in the exact spot they were in

From Hell I Rise To Earth I Rule
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 04:22:13 PM »

Well with sql you can actually store their coordinate position and send them back to the exact spot.  

Part of being persistent is that wherever you log out from is where you will start the next time you log in, regardless of system reboots.  In this case a start location based upon your race or some other quantity will only apply to new characters, which is how it should be.  

At the moment we are not logging your last location so when you log in after a reboot you start in the ooc area.  This will not be the case in the future.  At that point we will also need to include a door-less OOC area.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS