Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 04:15:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Player Factions  (Read 5938 times)
Mystic Luvcheez
Waterdeep Guard

« on: April 01, 2005, 01:05:59 PM »

I was just wondering what kind of player joinable factions you had in the works?

A few I'm thinking of:

A holy order for paladins
Thieves guild
Wizards enclave
Churberg (sp?) militia
A few evil factions (have to make everyone happy, right?)
Factions based on race, class, deity, or at least starting points and quests based on these things.

Will you have specific areas for different races?  And if you decide which pantheon to use for deities, specific temples and such.  Just some random thoughts.

this is an idea that has been flying around.... i am going to look up a few things on the such... as of now there is only one starting place.. i am thinking of a a stone to take you back to ooc and when you go in a portal you go back to where you were when you used the stone
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 03:14:19 PM »

Factions are going to be extremely important and we plan on having factions using all those items.  The major issue with factions is making them truly important.  We plan on the factions being central to what happens on the server and we want your actions to have a real impact and importance on the world.  For instance, one of the ideas we have been tossing around is that if you act against a certain faction, that faction would eventually become hostile to you and would this also make players who belong to that faction hostile to you as well.  Striking a balance is important though because we don't game play to suffer because half the world hates you.

Mystic Luvcheez
Waterdeep Guard

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 03:37:01 PM »

Those are excellent thoughts.  Being a member of a faction should mean more to the character than a way to get xp through quests.  Your actions should affect your standing in the faction.  Of course, if something happens and you go against the beliefs of your faction it should not necessarily mean they are all suddenly hostile toward you.  Perhaps an NPC (DM) has a discussion with you and gives you a warning, maybe a quest to redeem yourself.  If the character continues to go against the faction, then yeah, I could see alignment shift/booted from the faction, that type of thing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS