Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 01:08:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: House System  (Read 12768 times)
Superfenix
Waterdeep Guard

« on: March 28, 2005, 01:24:40 PM »

I think there should be a permanent house system, like the one in some other PW I used to play. Basically, you could purchase houses/flats/guildhalls/shops from an Estate Agent type guy. You would pay him the money & he would give you the key to the house. The idea was that you could then sell the house on, simply by selling the key.

It'd be great for the people in PERMANENT WORLDS to have the abilty to have somewhere PERMANENT to call home & that they can return to. It could also be an idea to make a furniture shop in each major city/town so that people could freely decorate their lovely homes.

Of course, the bigger/nicer the house aswell as it's fine location would determine how much the individual price for the house would be.

Glad to be of service!  Cool

The Legendary Fenix

Night has patterns that can be read,
Less by the living than by the dead.
Drakaen
Global Moderator
Hobgoblin

DM Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 01:41:33 PM »

Quote from: "Superfenix"
I think there should be a permanent house system, like the one in some other PW I used to play. Basically, you could purchase houses/flats/guildhalls/shops from an Estate Agent type guy. You would pay him the money & he would give you the key to the house. The idea was that you could then sell the house on, simply by selling the key.

It'd be great for the people in PERMANENT WORLDS to have the abilty to have somewhere PERMANENT to call home & that they can return to. It could also be an idea to make a furniture shop in each major city/town so that people could freely decorate their lovely homes.

Of course, the bigger/nicer the house aswell as it's fine location would determine how much the individual price for the house would be.

its already there in the system though... how do you turn the objects i have a window that doesnt look like a window

From Hell I Rise To Earth I Rule
Superfenix
Waterdeep Guard

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 02:31:06 PM »

Quote from: "Drakaen"
Quote from: "Superfenix"

its already there in the system though... how do you turn the objects i have a window that doesnt look like a window

Erm- What do you mean it's already there in thesystem. And you lost me when you said window that doesn't look like a window- lol.

The Legendary Fenix

Night has patterns that can be read,
Less by the living than by the dead.
Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 02:52:32 PM »

There is a housing system already in the game ... there is the estate woman that will see you a deed to a house ... u use the deed on a particular door to create a key ... once you have the key, you can copy it and give it to people or you can seel it ... what ever you like ... the realator is on Cherberg Government District. Just outside the gates to the Estate District ... If you have any problems let us know ... Thanks

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 08:24:33 PM »

I'm going to make some adjustements to the system in pricing but otherwise it is in working order.  To pickup, move, or reorient objects in your house you must use the key on the object.  The houses and everything you might leave in them is persistent.  There is a furniture seller in each city so you can decorate your house.  

I was thinking about adding street numbers to each house, as it might get very hard to know which house belongs to you in the future.

rogare b
Waterdeep Guard

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 10:16:14 AM »

Great, not only do I have to work my a$$ off in the real world to pay the mortgage, now I'm gonna have to do the same in a fantasy world,   :shock: ,

Is there no escape from these bills,  :lol:
Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 10:49:32 AM »

Quote from: "rogare b"
Great, not only do I have to work my a$$ off in the real world to pay the mortgage, now I'm gonna have to do the same in a fantasy world,   :shock: ,

Is there no escape from these bills,  :lol:

At least this will be fun work ...  Tongue

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
perk31
Drizzt

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 08:24:30 PM »

Come on, you need something to spend your fantasy money on.

Drakaen
Global Moderator
Hobgoblin

DM Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 02:35:32 AM »

lol

From Hell I Rise To Earth I Rule
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 09:45:29 AM »

But can i leave/drop items in my house now?  or do i still have to use the back storage system?
perk31
Drizzt

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 02:01:20 PM »

You can leave items in your house and they are persistent.  When you redeed your house everything in it will be dumped at your feet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS