Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 08, 2024, 09:55:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Poll
Question: Should the crafting system be removed to save resources?
Yes - 4 (80%)
No - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Removal of the crafting system.  (Read 10738 times)
Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« on: April 24, 2007, 07:13:54 AM »

We are using 13k of 16k of the resources allotted by NWN. Removing it would allow for us to put other (hopefully better) stuff together, plus save the server a few cycles.
On the other hand does it add to the game enough to keep it?
Let us know what you think.

Podilarius

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:39:14 AM »

In my opinion the only way its really useful is to completely recode the advancement formula.  The way we have it set up a player can make truly powerful items, which might be an issue itself, but to have a reasonable chance to make anything really good will require an extraordinary commitment of time and effort.  Some people think a crafting system keeps players interested, especially since we have true player merchants, but I think content is more important.  3k of resources is literally 3k of items, area, npc, etc so that number is going to be exceeded quickly with new development.

Kepuli
Gelatinous Cube

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 03:20:14 PM »

I think it depends on how many players there are on the server. If the server is usually empty, the crafting system is not needed, as there is basically nobody to buy crafted items.

I like the crafting system, but if the amount of simultaneous players never goes over 10, it's better to concentrate on content.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:22:13 PM by Kepuli » Logged
Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 05:38:14 PM »

I think it depends on how many players there are on the server. If the server is usually empty, the crafting system is not needed, as there is basically nobody to buy crafted items.

I like the crafting system, but if the amount of simultaneous players never goes over 10, it's better to concentrate on content.

That is kewl ... but can we draw more players if it exists Huh? I think you are correct that if we only have a few players then there is no real need or want for this system.

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS