Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 06:31:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crafting System  (Read 7570 times)
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« on: April 23, 2007, 09:08:24 AM »

I think we should remove the crafting system.  I think it takes far to long to get any level of proficiency to be of any real value or interest and that space could be better utilized with resources that actually enrich the module.  I don't know how close we are to the 16k limit, I'm downloading the current module now, but I'm sure we have to be close.  The one thing I would like to keep is the treasure maps and the magical map.  I'm sure with some tinkering we can get those to run by themselves. 

What do you think?

perk31
Drizzt

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 09:17:10 AM »

We are currently using 13,451 in module resources and the limit is 16k.

Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 07:09:47 AM »

hmmm ... removing that system would be difficult ... it accounts for most of that 13k ... question is do we try to tweak it so gaining a proficiency is easier or remove it or keep it? Once a player has completed all the quests we have out there (say we have tons) what do they do while we come up with new ones (aside from DM events)? It could be a way for them to show off during DM and quest events ...

We need a poll open for this ... we need to see what everyone thinks. 

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
perk31
Drizzt

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 07:43:11 AM »

Well consider how many items, areas, npc, conversations, etc you create for a single quest.  Every single thing you add to the module increases the resources being used so 2.6k will be used very quickly if we put any effort into new development.  I would guess that removing the crafting system, and it might be difficult to remove everything, will free up around 10k.

Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »

Also, we could start every one off at a higher level than 0 on the crafting. What do you think?

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS