Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 05:19:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Poll
Question: Are you disappointed in NWN2?
Yes.
I don't have an opinion.
No.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights 2  (Read 7586 times)
Kepuli
Gelatinous Cube

« on: February 25, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »

Many people had high hopes for Neverwinter Nights 2. It was finally published few months ago, but did it deliver the goods you were hoping for?
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 11:21:24 AM »

I think its great as a stand alone game.  From a persistent world development standpoint though it definitely has not delivered.

Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 09:47:34 PM »

I agree. I have had fun playing the stand alone ... so far ...

I have been disappointed with Multiplayer.

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
atebatsam
Dungeon Master

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 06:17:54 PM »

overall there weren't really enough improvements combined with a few changes that really made the gameplay unenjoyable.  i miss the portrait selection, and while you can kinda customize the look of your character, i was really looking for more here too.  also the targeting is terrible.  i could not imagine playing a fighter type, or any character w/o aoe targeting without a pause option, as more often than not i wind up clicking past my target and running right by him.  this combined with horrible camera controls makes the game unbearable at times.  also the radial menu is somewhat annoying, whats with the delay?

regardless, i'm still playing it, though not with the crack like addiction i had for nwn1

Feudalism:  Its your Count that votes.
Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 09:18:43 PM »

you are doing better than I am .. aside from not having the time to get into ... I would make time if it was a bit better game play ...
I really haven't move my game forward in a long time.

I agree with all you said ... and no consideration for the linux/mac users is just horrible. I would even support it if they just made the linux dedicated server.

o well ... lets move our NWN1 along and if they decide to make NWN2 better and/or they get a linux dedicated server, then we move forward with NWN2 ...

podilarius

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS