Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 01:38:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NWN2 Server  (Read 8467 times)
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« on: November 28, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

When are we going to put up a basic server?

Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 11:44:31 PM »

I have put some thought into this. Little as it might have been.

If Atari/Obsidian does want to make a Linux Dedicated Server, then I will run it once they do. I could probably setup a VMWare image and run the Server in the VM enviroment, but this would support them in making the decision to continue to not make a Linux Dedicated Server. The problem comes down to resources, I don't have the time to manage a Windows Server running this. I would have to monitor this and reboot the VM every 2 or 3 days. If the server piece was ported to Linux then run it I will.

I am still torn on the issue, because the game has good graphics and it has a good story behind. Not to mention all the options that are put into this. I like it so far, so I will play the single module campaign until they release a Linux Server, then let the fun begin.

What other opinions are there out there?

Thanks,
Podilarius

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
atebatsam
Dungeon Master

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:05:41 PM »

Hey, know its been awhile.  Anyway, i'm gainfully employed and where i work we have a pretty good server thats really not doing anything that i could easily host something on.  In fact, i already have a server up, i just cannot connect to it externally because of the windows firewall.  I can configure this in group policy but i have to add each port individually (as far as i know) and there are 200 ports (5120-5300 as far as i know)  SOO, if anyone knows a way to port forward a range of ports using windows small business server 2003 i can host something.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:10:57 PM by atebatsam » Logged

Feudalism:  Its your Count that votes.
Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 12:57:47 PM »

easiest way is to add the server executable to the exeception list. Then you only have to deal with the router/nat/firewall on it for port forwarding. This is unless your windoz boxen has a live internet address.

Podilarius

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
Kepuli
Gelatinous Cube

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 10:57:04 AM »

A basic server sounds nice to me. We could see if it actually works.

PS. Hi everyone, it's been a while.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS