Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 08, 2024, 01:20:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Treasure Hunting  (Read 9903 times)
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« on: October 31, 2005, 09:20:07 AM »

Treasure maps can be bought in Dalair, when the person selling the maps is actually there, and cost 1000gp. The map you receive will be based upon your characters level.  (For now the map is based upon your cartography level)

In order to hunt treasure, you must have a decoded treasure map. These maps
are obtained when an undecoded treasure map is interpreted by a cartographer with enough skill to properly understand the map. Undecoded maps can be purchased in Dalair, assuming the person who sells them is in town. A cartographer is also required in order to track the path of the map to the treasure.

To track a map, the cartographer needs to use the map. If the cartographer is not close to the treasure he or she will be given a general direction to follow. Once the cartographer is close to the treasure a series of floating arrows will appear over his or her head, pointing in the general direction the cartographer needs to travel to reach the location of the treasure. These arrows will, at some point, become 'smoking holes' which indicate that this is as close to the location of the treasure that this map will take you, it is time to start digging.

In order to actually dig up the treasure, you will require a person with enough digging skill to unearth it properly. The digger will require Excavation Tools, which can be bought from a tinker. The digger must have the map in his or her inventory, and use the tools on the map to begin digging, several digs may be required to locate the treasure in a poorly decoded map.

perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 04:20:20 PM »

The treasure system has been changed to use standard and statically configured chests.  Chests no longer use a conversation.  The lock and trap on the chests work normally, and spell casters can now use their spells on the chests.  Also, some of the chests will be bashable.

Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 10:22:03 AM »

The treasure system has been changed to use standard and statically configured chests.  Chests no longer use a conversation.  The lock and trap on the chests work normally, and spell casters can now use their spells on the chests.  Also, some of the chests will be bashable.

*jumps for joy*

Now I will hunt treasure!!! *does a jig*    Grin

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS