Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 08, 2024, 04:23:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: true sight  (Read 26191 times)
Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 08:47:08 AM »

Quote from: "atebatsam"
right, but i still think true sight, when ALWAYS on is too powerful, especially since like every char i play/make focuses on stealth in some way Tongue

I agree and will change it on the palys. (when I get a chance)

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 03:44:10 PM »

I don't think this should be a low or no magic world, which was never my intent personally, but I do think it should be held in check.  An example of what I don't like is a sword that increases your strength.  I don't mind a sword that is keen and does 1d4 of fire damage.  Keen in my opinion means the sword was crafted by an expert and magic is a part of D&D.  I also don't mind attack bonuses since there are quite a few creatures that can not be hit by a standard weapon.

Many people consider haste to be high magic since you can get another attack per round at higher levels.  I prefer having the extra speed when running across the map myself and we can simply build creatures that hasted as well.

I think it is really a balancing act.  If we are going to let players have access to items that give a lot of bonuses, then creatures have to be built with that in mind.

Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 04:32:19 PM »

Quote from: "perk31"
I don't think this should be a low or no magic world, which was never my intent personally, but I do think it should be held in check.  An example of what I don't like is a sword that increases your strength.  I don't mind a sword that is keen and does 1d4 of fire damage.  Keen in my opinion means the sword was crafted by an expert and magic is a part of D&D.  I also don't mind attack bonuses since there are quite a few creatures that can not be hit by a standard weapon.

Many people consider haste to be high magic since you can get another attack per round at higher levels.  I prefer having the extra speed when running across the map myself and we can simply build creatures that hasted as well.

I think it is really a balancing act.  If we are going to let players have access to items that give a lot of bonuses, then creatures have to be built with that in mind.

i agree ... hence the helm with true sight. makes sense really ... i made it so that a rogue can remove it .. also remember that the paly estates is based on level ... you won't get true sight on palys until you are like level 25 or 30 (can't remember where I started) or in a party that adds up to that ...

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
Drakaen
Global Moderator
Hobgoblin

DM Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 05:24:35 PM »

well i know a way to change the true sight script to the following....

true sight effects:
see invis
+X listen
+X spot

that way the spell doesnt make it as easy to see a person... also possibly taking out the true sight items from stores... thoughs with the helm can get a diffrant one that has the following properties

cast true sight 1/day

From Hell I Rise To Earth I Rule
atebatsam
Dungeon Master

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 05:41:41 PM »

Quote from: "Drakaen"
well i know a way to change the true sight script to the following....

true sight effects:
see invis
+X listen
+X spot

that way the spell doesnt make it as easy to see a person... also possibly taking out the true sight items from stores... thoughs with the helm can get a diffrant one that has the following properties

cast true sight 1/day

excellent suggestions.  both have possibilites of still being beaten by the rogue (or stealth character)   but the fact that certain pallys have true sight, or any npc has certain abilities/items is not really my problem.  i just feel some items greatly take away from the need for any diversity in the game, and should not be available to the players.  Sorcs and bards have a limited # of spells, and if they take true sight and haste when everyones running around with boots of speed and helms of true sight then its two wasted spells.  (and yes i know they can unlearn spells, but still)

Feudalism:  Its your Count that votes.
Drakaen
Global Moderator
Hobgoblin

DM Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 10:24:55 PM »

well this would do 1 of 2 things....

it would make it so that people actually put points in listen... and it will have it to where the other classes that dont use spells will rely on the swords and such rather the "cheater items" (perm spell items)

some of the items that should not be a perm i think is the following

true sight
haste
regeneration

also the following shouldnt be in the on hit properties

any death spell
all regen but vamp regen

okay.. i think i am rambling to much... so i will give the floor to someone else...

From Hell I Rise To Earth I Rule
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2005, 10:54:58 PM »

I don't see the point.  Then you can just add your skill points to spot/listen.  Doing this makes true sight useless and contrary to popular opinion true sight is a game balancing ability.  I don't want players running around with perm true sight though.

Aragorn

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2005, 11:00:23 AM »

Good Idea again instead of having per true sight maybe just one use perday would be better
Kepuli
Gelatinous Cube

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 06:00:12 PM »

I totally agree that haste shouldn't be permanent in any item. I'm not sure about true seeing, but permanent one doesn't sound good. Regeneration should be off the items, or then have it +1 (max) and on certain type of items only (like helmets), so that nobody can equip them all in order to stack them.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS