Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 11:18:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Gaurdian  (Read 8588 times)
Drakaen
Global Moderator
Hobgoblin

DM Administrator

« on: March 16, 2005, 12:20:37 AM »

I was looking into starting some quests that require fighting dragons.. it will be a retrevail mission but inorder to get the item you have to travel past or kill a dragon.. when you hit that point there will be a chest that will have an item.. you get the item and get it back to some city... if you bring the blood of the dragon then you get even more reward...

dragon statue(item) 100XP & 100GP
Dragons blood with statue 200XP & 150GP

that is what would seem good to me... maybe have it to where if you just have the blood then there being another npc that gives you some reward

From Hell I Rise To Earth I Rule
wurm657
Waterdeep Guard

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 05:35:59 AM »

Dragon Blood is an important Magical Component. Perhaps the blood could be brought back to a second character that collects and pays for any magical component?

-Scott
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 07:30:54 AM »

Any quest with a dragon is a winner!

Maybe the PC should have to do something for the dragon.  Afterall, the prospect of fighting a dragon should be terrifying, even for a group.

Drakaen
Global Moderator
Hobgoblin

DM Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 12:33:54 AM »

well there could be a set up where you have a choice... fight the dragon or do a minor quest for it (the higher CR the dragon the harder the quest)

Drakaen
Global Moderator
Hobgoblin

DM Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 01:42:09 AM »

*bump for opinoin on it*

perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 09:17:26 AM »

I like dragon quests; however, I think the dragon should be custom made to be horrendously tough.  I think dragons are too weak in the game, but maybe I just don't understand how tough an epic PC really is.  I think in CA the prospect of going up against an adult dragon (not ancient) should only be feasible for a PARTY of level 20 characters.  So it wouldn't be suitable for low level chars unless you create an alternate way to complete it that doesn't require killing the dragon.

If you use an evil dragon then you could have the quest coming from some good aligned char that needs the item in order to prevent some evil and vice versa for a good dragon.  In fact you could double the quest having both a good and evil NPC trying to claim the item for themselves.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS