Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 12:41:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random ideas  (Read 5332 times)
ReiskaR
phpBB Developers
Waterdeep Guard

« on: September 09, 2005, 02:16:58 PM »

Things that would be cool:

Jobs

Meaning, being an apprentice to a blacksmith for example. Small exp rewards would result from doing the small tasks of the job. This could be a way for low lever character to get started, maybe up to lev 3 or so. Especially if you wanted to play a character that's not into bashing people's heads in. The job might be as mundane as working in a mine. You'd get gold for a certain amount of ore (and experience up to lev 3 or so). There could be a job delivering stuff around the city, helping at a farm, etc.

Or maybe you could work in the city guard also, this would be a good opportunity to get some basic equipment fast. The job could include small tasks of keeping the peace in the city. Maybe there would be like a few places where random events would occur, that needed solving. You would get these tasks from the city guard office. Once you got there, you'd have options to solve the situation, maybe use persuasion, intimidation or just brute force. This would require the module to randomize these event places and events (don't know how possible that is).

About shops

There should be bookshelves and other breakable stuff (because it's fun to be able to smash stuff). If the players should be too nosy and go looking through the shelves and containers, the merchant would warn them not to touch the stuff or else. They would also get a warning for bashing things. If these actions would continue the merchant's personal guard or the city guard would be alerted. This could be a fun way for a beginning thief to practise his/her skills. Different shops would maybe have a different level of security. So, a general store might be the easiest place to go shoplifting. The containers would of course have only some minor items in them. Maybe there could be a quest for the thieves quild (if there shall be one) that you'd have to steal something from a certain shop..? Getting caught from stealing would need maybe a jailing script (I have no idea how this would work) or if you got away, that the city guards for example would stay aggressive only for a certain amount of time (again no idea if this is possible). So you could let things cool down for a day or two before going for it again.

-ReiskaR
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 03:27:38 PM »

All these things are on the list to some degree or another.

First, I've been messing around with jailing scripts and security scripts in my spare time.  Haven't come up with anything I really care for yet.  When I stopped working on them I had basically decided that I was going to be forced to use custom speak/listen strings to get what I want.  Some of the stuff I've seen on the vault just doesn't make sense, like guards from 5 miles away responding to a pick pocket.
If you know of something that works well please let me know.  

Once I can make merchants and guards respond to thieving activity like they should I will add the kind of things you are looking for everywhere.

I would love to have jobs like you describe.  We currently have the commodity exchange in churberg which creates a random task by pulling from available entries in the sql database to create the task.  Its another one of those things that has been on the to-do list forever.  We can basically expand that to do whatever we want.  Right now it hands out either delivery jobs or assassination jobs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS