Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 12:20:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: party XP  (Read 11043 times)
atebatsam
Dungeon Master

« on: September 09, 2005, 12:53:55 PM »

i'm not sure if this can be done, but i was wondering if the XP reduction for being in a party could be reduced.  i'm not sure what it is now, but say a single player kills something and gets 100 xp, while a party of two people of the same lvl kill that something and get 50xp, could that be changed so they get 60xp each, or some other such ratio.  i think it promotes parties, (with balloons yay!) plus i think it benifits those who dont have the best equipment, as the PCs equipment doesnt really affect the xp gained, only the lvl of the pc.  therefore a group of ill equipt players can still have fun and lvl at a decent rate, while the single player demi-god can still continue as he or she was.

also, a summoned creature also decreases the xp gained, but isnt part of the power of a mage being able to summon a familiar.  given the ineptitude of most summons (in my opinion) i think the xp cut is way too harsh.  

i dunno, just a thought.

Feudalism:  Its your Count that votes.
Kepuli
Gelatinous Cube

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 02:05:40 PM »

I agree. People shouldn't suffer penalties because they want to be in a party. Being social and being in a party should be encouraged.
Also, I don't remember if the server already had this feature, but it would be nice if all gold pieces that are collected from the ground would be divided automatically among party members.
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »

For the gold question, the server does not but I'll see if I can find a script that does it on the vault.

For XP.

I'm sure it can be done, but isn't it logical to reward a stronger party less XP than a weak party for the same kill?  Obviously the weaker party will have to fight harder, use more resources, and therefore "learn" more from the encounter than a stronger party.

I'm all for encouraging parties though so if the consensus is to change it then I will.

Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 04:43:07 PM »

Quote from: "perk31"
For the gold question, the server does not but I'll see if I can find a script that does it on the vault.

For XP.

I'm sure it can be done, but isn't it logical to reward a stronger party less XP than a weak party for the same kill?  Obviously the weaker party will have to fight harder, use more resources, and therefore "learn" more from the encounter than a stronger party.

I'm all for encouraging parties though so if the consensus is to change it then I will.

i have to agree ...

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
Kepuli
Gelatinous Cube

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 12:32:28 AM »

For XP.

You have a point there. Still, a slight party-favouring adjustment would be nice.
perk31
Drizzt

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 12:53:04 AM »

I'll see what I can find for xp systems.  I may have a couple if they survived my laptop crash.

atebatsam
Dungeon Master

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 08:55:40 AM »

For XP.
will.

i'm just saying, if equipment is pretty expensive, even level 3's or so may still be pretty week, and have a hard time killing even goblins, so two level 3's might be able to get like 4 xp each from each goblin, meaning they'll level up in about never.  while a lot of the starting quest ideas are pretty cool, commodity exchange and such, some people just arent into that, and would rather just run around killing stuff, which is a fine way to go through life.  i'm all for having to work for what you earn (well not really, hehe) but there has to be some balance to that as well.

Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 09:34:44 PM »

i think we should base it on average party level ... and then to stop level 30 PC from reaping the benifits of have a few level 1 ones and getting massive XP ... we should limit party creation to 5 lvls ... so that the party leader can have players +/-5 level players ...  for example a level 10 party leader can have players from level 5 to level 15 ... or another way is that noone can join if they are five from the highest or lowest .. meaning that a party can only have a max of 5 levels in it ... so say a party have a level 6 player in it .. the highest level a party can have is 10 ... if six is the highest in the party the lowest that they can have is level 2 ... that should even things out a bit ... of course 5 is abritrary ... any number like 6, 10 or 13 can be used ... what ya tink?

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
Kepuli
Gelatinous Cube

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 01:37:00 AM »

That's a good idea. The max level difference between the highest and the lowest in the party could be 5. I've also seen a system where the lowest level in the party must be at least half from the highest, but that would not work on high levels anymore.
atebatsam
Dungeon Master

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 04:02:25 AM »

yeah that's actually a pretty good idea Smiley

perk31
Drizzt

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 10:34:38 AM »

So now we just need to hunt down that script on the vault again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS