Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 08, 2024, 08:32:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The annoying door  (Read 13051 times)
Kepuli
Gelatinous Cube

« on: September 09, 2005, 03:12:18 AM »

A classic:

There's a mystical door somewhere, like in a stone wall near mountains or hills. When you click it, the door will start a conversation (can't be picked or bashed), and it just asks "Yes?"

I don't have a storyline for the door yet, but if the character doesn't know what's going on, there aren't any good options in the dialogue (all you can say is "Let me in!" and the door just says "Go away")
This kind of door is truly agonizing for the common adventurer. What's behind that door? Why is it there? Who built it? Why won't they let me in? What secrets are they hiding? It could be a secret guild for rogues, maybe even for a prestige class, or it can be a secret temple for worshippers of a certain deity, or a hideout where an organized band of brigands keep their loot. Any other possible ideas?
Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 09:16:52 AM »

ooo ... I like it ... let us know what you need ... if a developer takes it .. please post in the development so players don't see the solution ...

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
Kepuli
Gelatinous Cube

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 09:36:26 AM »

I finished the module, except that it's missing 3 scripts (I mentioned 2 of them earlier, and the third one is described in the erf's comments). I emailed it to perk31.

PS. I can't enter the developer's section. I searched the wizard quest thread, but when I try to open it, it says the topic doesn't exist.
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 11:04:32 AM »

We must add you to the group.

Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 11:29:58 AM »

Quote from: "Kepuli"
I finished the module, except that it's missing 3 scripts (I mentioned 2 of them earlier, and the third one is described in the erf's comments). I emailed it to perk31.

PS. I can't enter the developer's section. I searched the wizard quest thread, but when I try to open it, it says the topic doesn't exist.

should be fixed now ...

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 04:45:52 PM »

Whatever happened to this quest/story?  Lets get the erf and get it into to server.

Kepuli
Gelatinous Cube

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »

That last post of mine looks like it's in the wrong place. It should in the Wizard's journal quest -thread. It's about the door which has the riddle and the wizard is buried behind it.

I'll write a new post to the developers-section.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 06:06:19 PM by Kepuli » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS