Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 12:20:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: General suggestions for the server  (Read 5047 times)
Anonymous
« on: September 09, 2005, 01:20:31 AM »

Here are some generic suggestions, a lot are a bit the same as Kepuli has stated in his thread (and I agree to most of them), but here's my view on the subject.

Here we go:

1. No donation box - It's just... there's no point. Why would there be a box in the center of the city that only a few selected citizens have access to? And besides that, it's just plain boooring if you get good equipment after 1 min. coming to the server. If you want to donate, you can always hand over stuff.

2. Player based economy It would be cool to have to buy all the good tools and equipment from players because you could negotiate prices etc. There should be places in the marketplace that you could rent to sell the stuff that you have made.

3. About level restrictions for items. That system where there would be only 3 restriction levels (10, 20 and 30) sounded good. (don't know if it possible to make it so) If not possible, I would vote for no restriction. That would also mean that  PVP should be allowed so the godly sword could be taken from that level 1 person running around with it.

4. About starting places and cities There could be several starting places, like there are now. Dwarfs start in the dwarven city etc. This starting place should be changeble (to another temple in another town) or there should be means of transportation between cities. Not so nice to have to respawn to a point very very far away and have to walk all the way back to continue what you were doing. Quick transportation between cities should also cost.

If there are too many cities where players hang out, the interaction isn't that good. Maybe one or two main places where people come to trade and meet.

5. Item pricing should be comparable to how hard it is to make for a player.  So, a full plate armour should cost a lot more than it usually costs. Also weapons, especially swords, should be more expensive. (They should be also more hard to make)

6. RP is goood. Isn't it like the whole point? It should be encouraged but not forced. Maybe rewarded also.  No shout channel usage, party channel use should be allowed.

7. No powerful magical items in stores. In fact, there shouldn't even be that many around for sale to encourage buying from other players. If there should be a special store it should be hard to reach and there should be only a certain amount of  items for sale. So if some went there and bought the last magical ring it would take time before there would be another one for sale.  

I have also other suggestions/ideas but they are more on the detail level so I will post them separately.

-ReiskaR aka Meat the dwarf
Podilarius
Agilant Systems
Administrator
Prismatic Dragon

Master Diagnostician

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 09:11:19 AM »

I like the ideas and some of them are just being worked out.

1) the donation box was a concept that we are working on. The idea being that is was for guild only ... like a store ... but doesn't take money ( gold) ... it takes things like karma, ears, and other things for different guilds ... for instance ... chaos would work on karma ... and you have to donate to receive karma before you get anything out ... o and there is a time limit to how long items stay in there (don't know how to do that yet). but that is the concept. still don't know if we are going to do that or not ..

2) like the idea of a player based econ ... we need players for this to work ... we don't have any items over +1 in the stores and many don't have +1's. You have to kill to get high class items ... this could also foster a player based econ ...

3) I don't like level restrictions ... cause I think at level one, I can hold and swing a godly weapon ... i just shouldn't be able to hit with it as I am inexperienced.

4) there is a transport system in the game ... it just needs to be setup ... we are going to use it though ... we are thinking of giving new players one free token to ride on it ... they then have to buy all future tickets ... we are still working on it ... we are going to have the race start points though ... we like it ... and it can give people who start different characters a different perspective of the world ...

5) don't know much about this ... but sure the idea is sound ... we will have to work on it a bit ....

6) RP or dungeon crawl is optional here ... we like a mixture of the two ... and for all out there .. it will get you kicked if you mess with some RPing going on ... the idea is to be respectfull of others ... being a theif is RPing  :twisted:

7) there shouldn't be ... if you find some let us know ... we are not perfect ... in the guilds there are stores that sell magical items .. but they are limited to one a day (i think ... could be two a day)

Love to hear your other suggestions as well ...

thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think ...

ttyl

If you don't like it ... Whatever! ... I do what I want ...
Check out my new project at www.abalisk.com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS