Welcome to ChaoticAbyss
May 19, 2024, 05:30:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ChaoticAbyss!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Guarded Tower  (Read 8526 times)
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« on: June 01, 2005, 12:06:37 PM »

I was recently traveling through the forests north of Churberg and happened upon an old stone tower which stands alone many leagues from the nearest city or village.  Being a curious sort I decided to investigate this new discovery, and much to my surprise found the tower guarded.  The guard was well outfitted but did not display any markings to denote his rank or from which military group he was aligned with.  I respectfully hailed the guard hoping to learn more about the tower and its purpose but was quickly and rather rudely rebuked.  

In fact I was told in no uncertain terms to remove my filthy carcass from the area immediately or taste his steel.  Needless to say this didn’t sit well with me, being somewhat prideful and far too foolish for my own good, and I proceeded to walk past the guard and enter the tower.  Unfortunately the guard meant to enforce his will and what ensued is a battle that I will not soon forget.  

The guard’s skill at combat was completely unexpected and I found it nearly impossible to breach his defenses.  The same can not be said for my skills and I quickly found myself severely wounded and looking for a way out of the fight.  Fortunately I was well prepared and quickly began quaffing potions and blasting my assailant with magical wands I had purchased in Churberg.  To my horror the guard shrugged off the magical missiles and bursts of negative energy I threw at him and continued to hammer away at me with a long sword that screamed with energy of its own.  

Realizing I had no hope of winning this fight and not yet ready to meet the gods, I turned and ran.  With the guard in hot pursuit I drank a potion of invisibility and quietly snuck away while the guard roared his disgust at my cowardice.

danneedler

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 12:03:47 PM »

I came around behind you as you were running away, and I asked what happened.   You explained it to me.   I went to the Guard, sliced him into little cubes with my scythe, and walked off, leaving you to go in.   But i took the remains and got a Staff of Power...    Cheesy
perk31
Agilant Systems: The Smart Choice for IT
Drizzt

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 10:21:57 PM »

Oh how I wish I had stayed out of that tower.  Such evil should not be allowed to exist in this world.  I don't believe I will ever forget that poor man.  To be tortured in such a fashion is beyond comprehension.  

I still have no idea what lies in the second story as another guard protected the door, and to tell the truth I wanted nothing more than to leave that foul place as quickly as possible.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS